UPDATE : 2021.10.11 Mon 08:57
상단여백
HOME Campus News
SMC: Fostering and Supporting Creative Engineers

Do you know about CWNU Specialized businesses? One of them is The Smart Mechatronics Creative Educational Corps (SMC), which receives ten billion won over five years from the government. Twenty-five programs are underway, divided into four teams. Below are the programs for students of the College of Mechatronics Engineering.

Education Course Team

Various special lectures are being given to mechatronics students in order to develop knowledge needed for employment. There are humanities lectures as well as lectures by domestic experts and overseas professionals. If students want to attend a lecture, they need to submit an application form to SMC.

Creative Talent Team

To improve engineering, the SMC corps provides software education courses in CATIA, MATLAB and C language. Students should apply before the class opens, through each department. Registration is on a first-come-first-serve basis.

Also, there is a club-supporting program that helps students in various activities. If you submit a club plan to SMC and are selected, the club not only receives support money, but can also do more systematic activities with an academic advisor.

For third and fourth-year students, there are chances to study overseas long-term, and get credits in a foreign university. To apply, students need an advisor’s recommendation and must pass an interview. Students with mileage points, or students preparing for graduate school will have priority.

The mileage program is aimed at inducing students to actively participate in these programs, and at selecting scholarship students and trainees more fairly. By joining SMC’s programs, students gain mileage points and can benefit from them. If you get many points, you can go backpacking or get scholarships from SMC. The selection of mileage program participants takes place at the end of every second semester.

Entrance Exam & Employment Team

The College of Mechatronics holds a nation-wide robotics competition every year. There are two fields for golf-robots and battle-robots. The winner receives prize money and support from SMC. This is the 17th competition and applications will be accepted until December 19th.

There is also a support program for employment study groups that consist of past or present mechatronics students. The study group must include at least four members. If your team is selected, you receive 60% of the support money. The remaining 40% is given after submitting the results. This program encourages students to get local employment through senior mentoring.

Lastly there is a trainee program where students can get advice about studying and employment from graduating seniors who have experience in long-term overseas training.

Lee Ha-eun  -

<저작권자 © The Campus Journal, 무단 전재 및 재배포 금지>

Lee Ha-eun의 다른기사 보기
icon인기기사
기사 댓글 0
전체보기
첫번째 댓글을 남겨주세요.
여백
여백
여백
Back to Top