1. We’re better off apart.
- be better off = be worse off: used to say that somebody would be happier or more satisfied
if they were in a particular position or did a particular thing
2. Would you step out of the car please?
- step out: to leave a place for a short period.
3. You’re gonna be with us in Seattle asap.
- asap = as soon as possible.
4. And ever since then I’ve felt responsible for him.
- feel responsible for: feel that one must take care of (someone).
5. You’ve given me no choice.
- give no choice: put someone in a position where they must make an unpleasant decision
<저작권자 © The Campus Journal, 무단 전재 및 재배포 금지>